The name of this drink alone is enough to get us dreaming of crackling fires and snow falling outside the window. Add butter-washed, vanilla-infused bourbon and … sorry, what were we saying? Just floated into flavor nirvana for a second there. This amazing winter cocktail comes from Caitlin Hula at Cliff House Maine, and we recommend you make it and settle in next to the nearest roaring fire at your earliest opportunity.
Here’s how to get it done:
- 2 oz butter-washed vanilla bourbon
- 1 oz mead
- .5 oz falernum
- .5 oz apple cider
- Cinnamon stick and orange peel, for garnish
- Combine bourbon, mead, falernum, and apple cider in a shaker tin with ice.
- Shake to combine and chill, then strain into a rounded Rocks glass or Snifter.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick wrapped in an orange peel.