Beet Citrus Spiked Agave
fresh beet juice
500 ml Agave Nectar
250 ml filtered water
zest of 1 lime
zest of 1 lemon
500 ml fresh beet juice
7.5 grams Maldon smoked salt
4 grams ascorbic acid
1 oz Everclear
- Zest 1 lime and 1 lemon into a bowl.
- Add the agave nectar and filtered water to the zest, then periodically blend with an immersion blender over the course of 30 minutes to let the oils infuse.
- Strain out the remaining zest.
- In a bowl, add 250 ml of the citrus-infused agave syrup (reserve the rest for your next batch of the beet-citrus-agave syrup) along with the beet juice, smoked salt, ascorbic acid and Everclear.
- Blend with an immersion blender.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.