Big Kahuna Egg n’ Cheese
- Cook the candied bacon: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lay several pieces of bacon flat on a high-sided baking pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cayenne pepper to taste over the bacon. Cook in the oven until crispy—about 10-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want the bacon. Remove from the oven and drain the bacon on a plate layered with paper towels.
- Cook the pineapple: Heat a frying pan (preferably cast-iron) until smoking. Drop the pineapple slice onto the pan and cook until blackened on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the Canadian bacon: Pan-sear the Canadian bacon in the pan used to cook the pineapple. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the scrambled eggs: Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Melt butter in a sauté pan and heat until foaming. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir with a spatula until cooked through. Remove the eggs from the heat and reserve on the side. Season with salt and pepper
- Prepare the sandwich: Turn the oven to 200ºF. Spread a dollop of teriyaki sauce on both sides of the toasted roll, followed by mayonnaise. Layer the eggs, Canadian bacon, candied bacon and pineapple ring onto the roll, then top with a slice of American cheese. Warm the sandwich in the oven until the cheese just starts to melt—about 3 minutes. Serve.