This whiteout cocoa is the perfect drink for a snow day. Swapping dark chocolate for white creates a milky spin on the classic hot cocoa, while all-white garnishes of homemade whipped cream and marshmallows add a pop of colorless fun. Spiked with white rum and a bit of vanilla, it's easy to get lost in the flavor of this whiteout.
1 oz white rum
6 oz milk
2 oz white chocolate
.3 tsp vanilla
1 pinch salt
Fresh whipped cream
marshmallows, for garnish
- Combine milk, vanilla, salt and white chocolate chips in a large pot and place over medium heat. Stir occasionally until chocolate chips begin to melt, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture is very hot and chips are melted.
- Add rum to a mug and top with hot white cocoa.
- Garnish with whipped cream and marshmallows.
Fresh Whipped Cream
1 Cup cream
2 tbsp sugar
- Chill a metal bowl in the fridge.
- Once the bowl is cold, pour the heavy whipping cream and sugar into it.
- Whisk enthusiastically until cream reaches stiff peaks.