When Cat DiPaci opened her store Beer Fridge on New York’s Lower East Side, she decided it was going to be more than your run-of-the-mill beer retailer. Not only does the craft beer boutique have a rotating selection of both new varieties and old favorites, but Beer Fridge also has a growler station where you can fill up on the latest from NYC breweries. There’s lot of cider too, and DiPaci likes to experiment with the ever-growing selection in cocktails—like this fruity take on a summery Vodka Lemonade. “I wanted to create a fresh and fruity cider cocktail to welcome spring—aka, the start of warm weather drinking!” she says. “I chose a blueberry base for natural sweetness and topped it off using Nine Pin's Signature Cider, a sparkling dry cider that freshens up and really rounds out the drink.” While we love Nine Pin cider, if you can’t find it in your local beer shop or grocery store, any dry, sparkling cider will do in a pinch.
Blueberry Cider Cocktail
Nine Pin Cider
.5 Cup Blueberries
.5 oz Lemon Juice
.5 oz Simple Syrup
1.5 oz vodka
1 can Nine Pin Signature Cider
Lemon twist, for garnish
- Muddle blueberries, lemon juice and simple syrup in a shaker tin.
- Add vodka and ice, and shake.
- Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass.
- Top with Nine Pin Signature Cider and garnish with a lemon twist.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.