If you can’t shake the eerie feeling that someone is watching you this Halloween, don’t worry; it’s probably just these Bloodshot Eyeball Jello Shots. Lychees, blueberries and grenadine create simple edible eyeballs, which are set in a jello mixture that tastes just like a Lychee Martini (made with vodka, lychee syrup and white cranberry juice). Just be careful not to indulge in too many of these delectable shooters, lest you wake up with a scary pair of bloodshot eyes yourself.
Bloodshot Eyes Jello Shots
1 15-20 oz can lychees
1 carton Blueberries
2.5 packets Knox unflavored gelatin
1 Cup lychee
.5 Cup White Cranberry Juice
.5 Cup Vodka
- To make the eyeballs, drain lychee nuts from can, reserving the juice. Place a blueberry in the center of each lychee. Using a pipette, drip grenadine into the crevices of the lychee to look like bloody veins. Set aside.
- Pour lychee syrup and cranberry juice into a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Heat on low until gelatin is fully dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vodka.
- Add 2 lychee eyeballs to each plastic shot glass. Pour the gelatin mixture into each glass, leaving a little room at the top.
- Chill in fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight.