Warm, comforting, bourbon-spiked apple cider is a hallmark of the holidays, capturing all those cozy, cool weather flavors with next to no effort. These delicious, jello-fied versions—made with bourbon, apple cider and cinnamon syrup—are just as easy to make, and even easier to knock back. To make them, use the kind of apple cider that comes in a jug at the grocery store (not the hard or sparkling kind) for the most concentrated apple flavor. If you can use fresh-pressed apple cider—well now you’re just showing off.
Bourbon Apple Cider Jello Shots
1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
1 Cup apple cider
1 Cup bourbon
.5 Cup Cinnamon syrup
- Rim plastic shot glasses in lemon juice and cinnamon sugar, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine apple cider and cinnamon syrup. Sprinkle gelatin on top. Let bloom for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat on medium heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon.
- Pour into shot glasses, stopping at the cinnamon sugar rim.
- Refrigerate until set, about four hours or overnight.
2 cinnamon sticks
.5 Cup water
1 Cup sugar
- Bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cinnamon sticks and remove from heat. Steep cinnamon sticks until cool, then strain.