Crock Pot Bourbon Apple Cider
6 cups apple cider
.25 Cup simple syrup
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
8 whole cloves
1.5 cups bourbon
- Add all ingredients except bourbon to a slow cooker and mix together.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in bourbon.
- Ladle into mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.