The Jack Rose is an unsung cocktail hero—the brilliant union of apple brandy, true grenadine (basically a reduced pomegranate syrup) and citrus. Here, we’re swapping out grenadine for Cappelletti—also bright red, also a little fruity, if not quite as sweet. Its array of herbal flavors are a perfect match for apple brandy.
2 oz Laird's Bottled in Bond Straight Apple Brandy
.75 oz Cappelletti Aperitivo
.5 oz Lemon Juice
.5 oz Lime Juice
.25 oz Simple Syrup
1 dash Orange Bitters
Lemon wheel and lime wheel, for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a thin lemon wheel and thin lime wheel.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.