1 Cup Cashews
1 Cup Water
1 Cup sugar
0.25 Cup White Rum
2 dashes Orange blossom water
0.25 Tsp Salt
- Lightly toast the cashews over low heat in a pan on top of the stove. Coarsely grind in a food processor.
- Whisk ground cashews with the measure of water and transfer to an airtight jar. Let sit at room temperature overnight, shaking occasionally.
- Pour into a bowl, then strain through a cheesecloth back into the jar.
- Over low heat, gently cook the cashew milk with the white sugar and salt until both fully dissolve.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Add the orange blossom water and rum, and whisk to fully incorporate.
- Will keep for up to a month if refrigerated.