The perfect pairing for rich and heavy holiday foods, this variation on the classic Daiquiri is tart and bright with an undercurrent of winter spice. Made with pimento dram (a Caribbean liqueur infused with allspice berries), both spiced and white rums, and a robust demerara syrup, it’s dangerously chuggable. This palate cleansing cocktail should be made by the pitcherful if you’re expecting a crowd (or even if it’s just two of you).
1 oz white rum
1 oz spiced rum
0.25 oz allspice dram
0.5 oz Rich Demerara syrup
0.75 oz Fresh lime juice
- Add both rums, allspice dram, demerara syrup and lime juice to a shaker with ice. Shake.
- Using a Hawthorne strainer, strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with freshly grated cinnamon.
1 Cup Demerara Sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and demerara sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (something clear to show off your nice golden syrup) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.