1 Cup 151
5-6 whole sprigs Cilantro
1 pinch ascorbic acid
- Blend cilantro sprigs with 151 rum in a jar. Add a pinch of ascorbic acid to preserve the color.
- Let it sit in a cool dark place for several weeks, ideally six.
- After it has steeped for several weeks, line a fine-mesh strainer with a layer or two of cheesecloth, and place it over a bowl.
- Strain the tincture through the cloth, pressing gently on the cilantro to squeeze out any liquid.
- Gather the sides of cloth and twist it to squeeze out every drop.
- Funnel the tincture into a small glass bottle.