A splash of crisp, sweet, spritzy hard cider can transform almost any cocktail into a fall classic—even the ultimate summertime sipper, the Frozen Margarita. This autumnally influenced cocktail features DIY cinnamon-infused tequila—Fireball’s south-of-the-border cousin—which mixes seamlessly with semi-sweet cider. Throw in a cinnamon-sugar rim, and you have the cocktail equivalent of jumping into a pile of leaves.
2 oz cinnamon-infused tequila
.75 oz lemon juice
.5 oz Cointreau
.5 oz simple syrup, plus extra for rim
.5 cup crushed ice
1 bottle hard apple cider
cinnamon sugar, for rim
- Rim a large Margarita goblet with simple syrup and cinnamon sugar.
- Combine all other ingredients except for the cider in a blender, blend until smooth and pour into the glass. If your glass is the right size, you should still have room for the beer.
- Holding your thumb over the opening of the bottle of cider, quickly overturn the bottle into the glass, removing your thumb just before submerging it into the glass.
- Drink with a straw, ideally with a friend.
.5 cup sugar
1 750-ml bottle reposado tequila
.5 cup water
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp cinnamon extract
- Combine water, sugar and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan over medium heat, and simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool and pour the syrup, along with the cinnamon sticks, into a Mason jar. Seal the jar and refrigerated overnight, ideally for 24 hours.
- Strain out the cinnamon sticks and add in cinnamon extract.
- Pour 6.5 ounces of tequila from the bottle and store separately for future tequila-tails. Add 6.5 ounces of cinnamon syrup to the bottle and shake to combine. Store in an airtight bottle.