The next time you need a spa staycation, break out the coconut oil to soothe your body inside and out. Known for its ultra-hydrating properties as a moisturizer and the healthy fats it adds to dishes, coconut oil’s usefulness extends beyond the kitchen and bathroom vanity to the bar. This drink from Dallas bar The Common Table uses a base of coconut oil-washed vodka to complement tropical pineapple flavors, bitter Italian amaro infused with sesame seeds and vegetal matcha powder.
sesame-infused Cocchi Americano
2 oz coconut-washed vodka
.5 oz Pineapple Syrup
.5 oz sesame-infused Cocchi Americano
Pinch of matcha powder
Pineapple wedge and sprig of rosemary, for garnish
2 oz coconut oil
1 750ml Bottle vodka
- In a large Mason jar, combine the coconut oil and vodka.
- Shake well, and let sit for 24 hours, shaking the jar every few hours.
- Put the jar in the refrigerator or freezer and let sit for another 24 hours.
- Skim the solid oil from the top of the vodka and strain through cheesecloth back into the original bottle.
Pineapple Syrup (Rich)
1 Cup canned pineapple juice
2 cups cane sugar
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Refrigerate until using.
Sesame-Infused Cocchi Americano
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 750-mL bottle Cocchi Americano
- Add the sesame seeds to the bottle of Cocchi Americano and let sit for 48 hours.
- Strain the sesame seeds out of the bottle using a fine mesh strainer.