In this autumnal take on a classic Sherry Cobbler, muddled fresh cranberries and oranges mingle with Lustau’s East India Sherry for a cocktail packed with flavors of baking spices, burnt sugar, fig and candied walnuts. Drink this Vodka Cran on a foggy fall afternoon while adding another log to the fire.
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Sherry
0.25 oz Demerara Syrup
6 Fresh Cranberries
2 orange slices
Orange Wheel, for Garnish
- Add the orange slices and fresh cranberries to a mixing glass and muddle until the cranberry and orange are juiced.
- Add the vodka, sherry and demerara syrup to the mixing glass. Add ice and stir to incorporate.
- Double strain the cocktail into a highball glass. Add ice (preferably crushed) and top with soda water. Stir with a bar spoon to incorporate, and garnish with an orange slice and a few fresh cranberries.
1 Cup Demerara Sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and demerara sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (something clear to show off your nice golden syrup) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.