Turn your hot chocolate up a notch with this tequila-spiked rendition from Houston Eaves of the Downstairs at Esquire in San Antonio, Texas. Herbal Chartreuse combines with añejo tequila and cinnamon-flecked Taza Chocolate Mexicano discs in a Crock-Pot where the big batch drink warms and mellows until you’re ready to drink it. “It just makes for a great drink to share with family and friends during the holiday season,” says Eaves. “It’s easy to prepare, so you have plenty of time (and booze) for conversation, board games and arguments.”
Frenchman in Jalisco
32 oz Añejo Tequila
8 oz Green Chartreuse
10 discs Chocolate
64 oz milk
Fresh whipped cream
- Add liquid ingredients to slow cooker on low.
- Add chocolate discs after liquid is hot and stir until incorporated.
- Whisk until frothy and ladle into warm mugs. Top with fresh whipped cream.
Fresh Whipped Cream
1 Cup cream
2 tbsp sugar
- Chill a metal bowl in the fridge.
- Once the bowl is cold, pour the heavy whipping cream and sugar into it.
- Whisk enthusiastically until cream reaches stiff peaks.