10 egg yolks
.5 tsp salt
1 ⅓ cups sugar
1.5 cups brandy
2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, salt and sugar until thickened. Slowly trickle in the brandy, while continuing to beat the mixture.
- Pour the mix into a saucepan and warm over a low heat, whisking continuously.
- Heat and whisk until the Advocaat is thick and simmering. Be careful not to let it boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Using a funnel, pour the warm custard into a swing top bottle and refrigerate.