Mojitos can be a chore to make—just ask a bartender. But these frozen Mojitos made in sandwich baggies are a breeze—no muddling or blenders required. The easy-to-make mint syrup gives the drink its signature herbal zing, while a garnish of fresh mint puts it over the top. Use its cooling properties to counter ultra-spicy dishes or sip it by the pool (full-sized or kiddie) on a steamy afternoon.
No-Blender Frozen Mojito
2 oz white rum
2 oz lime juice
1.5 oz mint syrup
.5 oz Water
- Mix all ingredients, save for the fresh mint, together in a mixing glass.
- Carefully pour into a plastic bag.
- Seal the plastic bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Lay flat in a freezer until slushy, about 2-3 hours.
- To serve, pour into a lowball glass and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
.5 Cup water
.5 Cup sugar
.5 Cup mint leaves
- Add water and sugar to a small pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add the mint leaves and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a sealable jar.
- Keep refrigerated up to two weeks.