No copper mug here, just a plastic sandwich baggie. This easy, no-blender, frozen Moscow Mule is made with both ginger beer and ginger syrup, for an extra zippy hit of spice. Even if you don’t consider yourself a member of the Moscow Mule cult, this frosty cocktail will hit the spot at any time of day—it makes a particularly great brunch cocktail when the a.m. heat is already unbearable.
No-Blender Frozen Moscow Mule
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Ginger Beer
1 oz Ginger Syrup
1 oz Fresh lime juice
Lime Wheel, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients, save for the lime wheel, together in a mixing glass.
- Carefully pour into a plastic bag.
- Seal the plastic bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Lay flat in a freezer until slushy, about 2-3 hours.
- To serve, pour into a lowball glass (or copper mug, if you have one) and garnish with a lime wheel.
Spicy Ginger Syrup
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Ginger
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir until sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight, before straining with a fine sieve.