You won’t find these Eggnog Jello Shots at your family yuletide snoozefest. These potent bites are meant for holly jolly ragers. Based loosely on George Washington’s extremely boozy Eggnog recipe, these jiggly seasonal shots mix store-bought eggnog with brandy, dark rum and rye, and are molded into holiday shapes like Christmas trees, Stars of David (for an inclusive shindig), tree ornaments, stockings, gifts and Santa hats. Dusted with cinnamon and nutmeg for some aromatics and decoration, they’re the perfect way to party all night until Santa comes sliding down the chimney.
Eggnog Jello Shots
1 Cup eggnog
2 oz brandy
1.5 oz dark rum
1.5 oz Rye
2 packets gelatin
Freshly Grated Cinnamon, for garnish
Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Pour eggnog into a saucepan and add gelatin. Let bloom for five minutes.
- Heat saucepan over medium, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Take off the heat, and let cool slightly.
- Add all three spirits and stir to combine.
- Spray mold with cooking spray.
- Pour into molds (or plastic shot cups) and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully release shots from molds and lay out on a plate.
- Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg.