Dave Fernie and Mary Bartlett of Honeycut, L.A.’s space-age-meets-tiki nightclub, whipped up this flaming cocktail. Made with a blend of tropical fruit juices (OJ, lime juice and passionfruit syrup) as well as three types of rum and orgeat, it’s as classic tiki as it gets—with a hit of herbal heft from some Jägermeister.
- Pour all the ingredients except for 151 rum and garnishes into a shaker tin. Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a Collins glass using a Hawthorne strainer. Fill with crushed ice.
- Garnish the cocktail with the upturned lime half. Fill the lime with 151 rum and light on fire. Sprinkle cinnamon into the flame for a fiery show.
Passion Fruit Syrup
1.5 cups Sugar
1.5 cups Passion fruit purée
.75 Cup Water
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the syrup is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bottle and chill.