Red, white and blue trifles are so 1776. Celebrate the Fourth of July like a real patriot with this Star Spangled Sangria, made with raspberries, blackberries and pineapple slices cut into stars. This sweet and tart white wine Sangria gets its edge from dark pineapple rum and berry liqueur instead of the classic brandy, while the pineapple stars keep it fun and festive. Serve it at your Independence Day barbecue alongside cheeseburgers, macaroni salad and … fine, some of that delicious berry trifle.
Star Spangled Sangria
1 bottle pinot grigio
1 oz Chambord
1.5 oz Pineapple Rum
.75 oz Lemon Juice
2 oz Simple Syrup
1 Cup raspberries
1 Cup Blackberries
- Break down pineapple into round slices, then cut the slices into stars using a cookie cutter or a stencil and knife with precision. Alternatively, cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Add wine, rum, Chambord, lemon juice and simple syrup to pitcher and stir.
- Add berries and pineapple stars and lightly stir.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Top with club soda, lightly stir and serve with ladle for fruit.