This cross between a classic Daiquiri and a Hemingway Daiquiri proves that frozen drinks can be balanced and delicious—all it takes is a few quality ingredients. “To make the best Daiquiris at home, remember to always use fresh citrus and measure your ingredients so you have a balanced and refreshing cocktail every time,” says Ashela Richardson, Flor de Caña brand ambassador. Her frosty delight is a mix of the brand’s seven-year-old rum, lime juice, simple syrup and maraschino liqueur. We recommend blending up a batch to drink by the pool or serving frosty glassfuls at your next summer dinner party.
Frozen Daiquiri al Marrasquino
1.5 oz Flor de Caña Gran Reserva 7 Rum
.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
.5 oz Simple Syrup
.25 oz Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
1 cup Ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until mixed.
- Pour into a coupe and serve.
1 cup White sugar
1 cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.