This cross between a classic Daiquiri and a Hemingway Daiquiri proves that frozen drinks can be balanced and delicious—all it takes is a few quality ingredients. “To make the best Daiquiris at home, remember to always use fresh citrus and measure your ingredients so you have a balanced and refreshing cocktail every time,” says Ashela Richardson, Flor de Caña brand ambassador. Her frosty delight is a mix of the brand’s seven-year-old rum, lime juice, simple syrup and maraschino liqueur. We recommend blending up a batch to drink by the pool or serving frosty glassfuls at your next summer dinner party.
Frozen Daiquiri al Marrasquino
1.5 oz dark rum
.5 oz lime juice
.5 oz Simple Syrup
.25 oz Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
1 Cup Ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until mixed.
- Pour into a coupe and serve.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.