Morgan Zuch, the bar manager at Tampa, Florida, mainstay Datz, uses frozen fruit in lieu of ice in this sweet, sunny Daiquiri. “During the hot days of summer, I love making spiked smoothies that put a fresh, modern spin on the old classics," she says. “For this cocktail, I was inspired by the Miami Vice and wanted to create a healthier way to enjoy it at home by the pool.” Spiced rum gives this adult smoothie a rich, complex flavor while rhum agricole brings some funkiness.
Take Me Down to Kokomo
1 oz spiced rum
1 oz Rhum Clement Mahina Coco
.5 oz Honey Syrup
1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
7-8 Frozen Strawberries
2/3 fresh banana
Banana slice and strawberry half, for garnish
- Add all ingredients save for the garnish to a blender with ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a highball or hurricane glass.
- Garnish with a banana slice and strawberry half.
1 cup honey
1 cup water
- Combine the water and honey in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until honey dissolves, about 2 minutes. Immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.