Applesauce, with its hint of sweetness and smooth texture, has long been used as a base for super-easy fruit rolls, but when used solo, it can end up bland. To punch up its color and flavor, we looked to the sweet-tart Jack Rose for inspiration. Like the classic cocktail, these boozed up fruit rolls are flavored with applejack (apple brandy), pomegranate molasses (in place of grenadine) and lime juice. The result is a sticky, sweet and downright delicious edible cocktail.
Jack Rose Fruit Roll-Up
1.5 cups applesauce
2 tbsp lime juice
.25 Cup pomegranate molasses
.25 Cup applejack
- Combine all ingredients in a large liquid measuring cup and mix thoroughly.
- Place a fruit roll sheet tray in the dehydrator and spread the mixture evenly over the tray.
- Dehydrate the mixture at 135 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the tray from the dehydrator and allow to cool.
- Peel the fruit leather off the tray and place on parchment paper. (If you have trouble peeling the fruit leather off the tray, place it in the freezer for 15 minutes first.)
- Cut and roll the pieces of fruit leather in any shape or size and enjoy!