Cappelletti is a great fit for any drink with gin; the two spirits’ herbal elements blend together perfectly. Add dry fino sherry and you’ve got a dry and super-complex base for plenty of citrus. (And with two low-proof elements in here, it’s a reasonably mellow drink that’s great for hot summer days; it won’t knock you out in the afternoon.)
Gin and Juice (with Cappelletti)
1 oz London Dry Gin
1 oz fino sherry (Tio Pepe recommended)
.75 oz Cappelletti Aperitivo
.75 oz grapefruit juice
.5 oz Lime Juice
.25 oz Simple Syrup
1 oz club soda, to top
- Combine all ingredients except club soda in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice.
- Top with one ounce of club soda and stir briefly.
- Garnish with a grapefruit triangle.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.