1 Gallon Boiling Water
1 pound Fresh Ginger Root
4 oz brown sugar
2 oz lime juice
- Peel and cut the ginger into smaller pieces and place in a food processor.
- Carefully add a cup of the boiling water to the ginger and process until the mixture resembles mulch.
- Add ginger mixture to the rest of the boiling water and turn off the heat.
- Stir well, cover, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pressing down on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. (The strained liquid will be cloudy.) Discard the solids.
- Add the lime juice and light brown sugar; stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Let cool, transfer to bottles and store in the refrigerator.