If you’re interested in healthy-ish drinking but don’t want to give up your beloved Cosmo, this cocktail from Manny Hinojosa, head mixologist for Tequila Cazadores, is for you. Hibiscus tea has a tart yet sweet natural flavor that is similar to cranberry juice and requires no additional sweetener. It takes the place of the sugary juice in this take on the cocktail, which, thanks to the hibiscus, still has the Cosmo’s signature pink hue.
Patrón Citrónge Orange
Hibiscus Flower Tea
1.5 oz Blanco tequila
.75 oz Patrón Citrónge Orange
.75 oz Fresh lime juice
2 oz Hibiscus Flower Tea
orange slice, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all the ingredients save for the garnish with ice.
- Shake and strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
1 Cup Dried Hibiscus Flowers
3 cups Water
- In a large pot add dried hibiscus flower and water.
- Boil for a few minutes, let cool, and the hibiscus tea is ready to use.