It might seem wrong to turn a frosty, frozen cocktail like the Strawberry Daiquiri into a hot and crispy, deep-fried snack, but after you try it, you’ll agree that it’s oh so right. Made with rum-soaked strawberries coated in pancake batter, the fluffy, buttery, fruity morsels are terrific as a brunch appetizer or for dessert on a warm summer evening. If you make the pancake batter from scratch, add a little maple syrup to the mix for a richer flavor.
Deep Fried Strawberry Daiquiri Shots
2 cups Strawberries
2 cups White rum
2 cups pancake batter
- Soak the strawberries in rum for at least an hour or until they reach the desired level of booziness.
- After the strawberries are done soaking, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Add 2 inches of oil to a deep fryer or high-sided pan and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip each strawberry in the pancake batter, doing your best to leave the green tops exposed. Shake off excess batter.
- Gently add the battered strawberries to the hot oil and fry until they’re golden on all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove strawberries and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat until all the strawberries are battered and fried.
- Dust the strawberries with powdered sugar and serve.