Chocolate and red wine are fine, but chocolate and whiskey are next level delicious. These brownies from Houston pastry chef Jillian Bartolome are dark, decadent, fudgy and infused with a full five ounces of Irish whiskey, which gives them a mild, nutty sweetness and slightly savory edge. Paired with a dessert-friendly whiskey cocktail like a cozy Irish Coffee or a classic Old Fashioned—or even just a neat pour of whiskey—this chocolaty treat will end your night right.
Irish Whiskey Brownies
1 1/3 lbs butter
2 cups unsweetened chocolate chips
5 oz whiskey
1 2/3 cups dark brown sugar
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
2 2/3 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, melt butter, chocolate and whiskey over a double boiler.
- Whisk the sugars into the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Fold in flour until it just comes together.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9-by-13 inch pyrex baking dish.
- Drop the oven temperature to 360 degrees and bake the brownies for 22-25 minutes.