This funky take on a Jungle Bird mixes blackstrap rum with pineapple syrup, bittersweet rhubarb-based amaro and fresh, tart lime juice. Because no brunch is complete without bacon, it’s finished off with a candied slice for good measure.
Pineapple Syrup (Rich)
1 Cup canned pineapple juice
2 cups cane sugar
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Refrigerate until using.
1 package bacon
.5 Cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lay several pieces of bacon flat on a high-sided baking pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cayenne pepper to taste over the bacon.
- Cook in the oven until crispy—about 10-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want the bacon.
- Remove from the oven and drain the bacon on a plate layered with paper towels.