This twist on the traditional Pimm’s Cup remixes the garden party staple with funky fresh kombucha. Created by Alison Hangen and Matt Polzin of Jose Garces' 24 in Philadelphia, the Daily Routine (named after a song by RZA of Wu-Tang Clan fame) is a spirtzy cocktail of Asian pear kombucha, spicy ginger syrup and Pimm’s Cup No. 1. A garnish of cooling cucumber slices keep the long drink looking pretty and proper. It’s definitely worth making part of your daily routine.
.75 oz Spicy Ginger Syrup
2 oz Pimm's No. 1
.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
Baba's Brew Asian Pear Kombucha, to top
Cucumber Slices, for garnish
- Combine Pimm’s, ginger syrup and lime juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake, and pour into Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with Asian pear kombucha, and garnish with two cucumber slices.
Spicy Ginger Syrup
1 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir until sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight, before straining with a fine sieve.