Adding cachaça and lime juice to blueberry Kool-Aid evokes a blueberry-speckled Caipirinha, while cucumber bitters add some mature nuance to the sweet mixture. You can spike the bright blue beverage right in the squeeze bottle if you own the world’s thinnest funnel or are up for syringing the mix into the vessel, or you can do as we did and lop off the top entirely. Either way, the kid-at-heart cocktail will have you exclaiming, “Oh yeah!”
Berry Blue Kool-Aid Burst
1 bottle Berry Blue Kool-Aid Burst
1.5 oz Cachaça
.5 oz lime juice
3-4 dashes cucumber bitters
- Using scissors, snip Kool-Aid bottle just above the liquid. (Don’t worry about leaving a jagged edge, as drink is served with a straw.)
- Remove 2 ounces of juice and discard or drink.
- Add remaining Kool-Aid, cachaça, lime juice and bitters to a shaker with ice, and shake.
- Strain back into the Kool-Aid bottle using a funnel.
- Garnish with a lime twist and serve with a straw.