Don’t let that cereal milk go to waste—add some booze to it and make yourself a cocktail that’s better than any pot of gold. A take on classic Milk Punch, this sweet and creamy drink is made with milk infused with Lucky Charms marshmallows, simple syrup infused with Lucky Charms cereal and a healthy dose of bourbon and dark rum. It’s garnished with a handful of marshmallows for a cocktail that will bring you back to Saturday mornings parked in front of the TV watching whatever cartoon came on the air. Whip up a big batch for St. Patrick’s Day or your next brunch.
Lucky Charms Cereal Milk Punch
Lucky Charms cereal
.5 Cup Lucky Charms cereal (no marshmallows), plus more for the rim
1 Cup Lucky Charms marshmallows, plus more for garnish
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup Water
1.5 oz Bourbon
.5 oz Dark Rum
- Place marshmallows in a bowl or measuring cup and top with milk. Let steep in the fridge for 10 minutes, then strain and reserve.
- In a pot, add a half cup of Lucky Charms cereal (no marshmallows), one cup sugar and one cup water. Heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Strain the syrup and reserve.
- Place a handful of Lucky Charms cereal (no marshmallows) in a plastic bag. Seal and crush the cereal. Pour the syrup onto a saucer.
- Pour some of the cereal simple syrup onto a separate saucer and roll the rim of a lowball glass in the syrup. Then, roll the rim in the crushed cereal.
- In a mixing tin, add 2 oz of marshmallow milk, .5 oz cereal simple syrup, 1.5 oz bourbon and .5 oz dark rum.
- Add ice and shake, then strain into the prepared lowball glass filled with fresh ice. Top with marshmallows and drink up. It’s magically delicious!