Bison grass vodka, native to Poland and available in the U.S. from vodka brand Żubrówka, offers a mildly grassy mouthful of Eastern Europe. The spirit works surprisingly well in a late-summer vodka cooler with a lightly minty mango syrup and juicy blackberries.
Mango and Blackberry Vodka Cooler
Bison Grass Vodka
3 small ripe mangos, peeled and sliced
1.5 oz Bison Grass Vodka
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 Cup water
8-10 fresh mint leaves, plus more to garnish
- To make the mango simple syrup, begin by muddling mango slices in a bowl until they are crushed into a thick pulp.
- Add the sugar and water to a sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the muddled mango and mint leaves. Let the syrup cool completely.
- Strain the mixture, pressing the mash to release extra juice, and discard the solids.
- To make the Mango and Blackberry Vodka Cooler, fill a stemless wine glass or double old-fashioned glass with ice and add 2 oz of the mango simple syrup and the Żubrówka. Top with club soda, and garnish with fresh mint leaves and blackberries.