A variation on the Fish House Punch, this game day party punch was created with rowdiness and chicken wings in mind. With a full bottle of rum and half a bottle of Cognac (not to mention the addition of two liqueurs) this deceptively easy to drink punch packs a mighty, boozy wallop. Pad your stomach with hot wings and get ready for your party to go down in history as one of the greats. The only downside: Next year, twenty more of your friends will be requesting an invite.
We Must Protect This House Punch
1 750-ml bottle of Rum
12 oz Cognac
6 oz Raspberry Liqueur
2 oz Maraschino liqueur
3 cups Sencha Green Tea, chilled
1.5 cups Fresh Lemon Juice, strained
1 Cup Simple Syrup
Lemon Wheels, for garnish
- Brew the tea and chill beforehand.
- In a large vessel, add all ingredients except for the fresh squeezed lemon juice, ice block and lemon wheels. Stir to incorporate. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Juice lemons and strain. Add juice to the punch, stir and then garnish with lemon wheels and a large ice block.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.