Getting caught beneath the mistletoe with a special someone is one of the unexpected delights of the holiday season. Another surprise treat? The rosemary syrup that infuses this colorful, holiday party-appropriate Fizz with an herbaceous, seasonal scent. Garnished with fresh cranberries skewered on a rosemary sprig, this drink is full of festive spirit (in more ways than one).
Mistletoe Cranberry Fizz
2 oz Hendricks Gin
1 oz cranberry juice
.5 oz Rosemary syrup
prosecco, to top
- Skewer fresh cranberries on a sprig of rosemary, and set aside.
- Add gin, rosemary syrup and cranberry juice to a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into an ice-filled lowball glass.
- Top with prosecco, and garnish with cranberry-rosemary sprig.
.25 Cup rosemary leaves
1 Cup water
1 Cup sugar
- Combine water, sugar, rosemary in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let syrup steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain out leaves, and store in airtight container in fridge.