At Chef’s Garden in Hamburg, New Jersey, mixologist Ali Koppel surprises guests with the magic of fresh Garden State ingredients and locally produced moonshine. To capitalize on the sweet nose and young heat of Wicked White Whiskey, Koppel pulls earthy carrots, vibrant citrus and fresh dill from the restaurant’s own garden, magically delivering those flavors to cocktail drinkers like a rabbit from a hat.
Out of a Hat
2 oz moonshine
1 oz carrot juice
.5 oz fresh Lemon Juice
.5 oz Orange Juice
.5 oz dill syrup
1 dill sprig, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients, save for the garnish, in a shaker filled with ice and shake.
- Double strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a dill sprig.
1 bunch dill
2 cups Sugar
1 Cup Water
- Add sugar to a mixing bowl or container.
- Add hot water and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Steep dill in water for one hour.
- Strain and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.