The mix of vodka, ginger beer and lime is a special kind of refreshing—a little spicy, a touch acidic, all frosty cold in a shiny copper mug. Adding gelatin to the mix doesn’t get in the way of that alluring blend, but it sure makes it a lot more fun to consume. If you can’t fathom a Moscow Mule without a copper mug, go next level and serve your gingery Jello in mini versions of the iconic cup.
Moscow Mule Jello Shot
.5 Cup ginger beer
1 tbsp lime juice
1 .25-oz packet Knox unflavored gelatin
.75 Cup ginger beer
.33 Cup vodka
- Pour the chilled ginger beer and lime juice in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the Knox unflavored gelatin over top and let sit for one minute.
- Boil the remaining ginger beer and pour it over top the gelatin mixture. Stir well until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Add the vodka and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into plastic shot glasses and refrigerate until set (about 2.5 hours).