White wine can be every bit as comforting in the cooler months as red, and this spiced cocktail proves it. Created by Jane Danger of Mother of Pearl and Cienfuegos in New York City, this mulled white wine mixes oaky Chardonnay with funky pisco, along with orange liqueur, fresh lemon juice, vanilla syrup, cinnamon sticks and fig bitters. Warmed in a slow cooker, the result is at once vibrantly bright and insanely cozy.
6 oz pisco
1 bottle White Wine
3 oz Grand Marnier
6 oz vanilla syrup
1 oz Fig bitters
6 oz Lemon Juice
6 Cinnamon Sticks
8 orange wheels
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and simmer on low for at least 2 hours.
- Serve warm in mug.
1 Cup water
1 Cup sugar
1 vanilla bean
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a strong simmer.
- Allow the mixture (including the vanilla bean) to cool overnight.
- Strain syrup through a fine sieve and discard the vanilla bean.
- Refrigerate for up to two weeks.