It’s hard to find a Rum Punch that isn’t sweet. But just because the party-ready beverage is juicy and fruity doesn’t mean you can’t balance out those sweet notes with flavors that are sour and even spicy. “Our Rum Punch is a perfect swirl of sweet, spice and tart,” says Kevin Flannery, general manager and certified sommelier of Ocean Prime New York. “The Don Pancho rum and Ancho Reyes liqueur are balanced by the freshly squeezed juices to compose a flawless punch.” Even though you could use store-bought bottled orange juice in a pinch, this punch truly shines when it’s made with the freshest stuff possible.
Ocean Prime Rum Punch
1.5 oz Don Pancho 8 Year Rum
.25 oz Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur
.25 oz Rothman & Winter Orchard Apricot Liqueur
1 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
.5 oz Fresh squeezed Lime Juice
.5 oz Simple Syrup
5 drops Bitter Truth Chocolate Bitters
- Combine all ingredients—save for the garnish—in a shaker tin with pellet ice. Shake to mix.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice and garnish with a lime twist.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.