Inspired by Katie Stipe’s modern classic, the Siesta, this take on a Paloma mixes the usual tequila and grapefruit soda with bittersweet Campari for a refreshingly quaffable summer sipper. Once it inevitably becomes your go-to aperitif, try swapping out the Campari for bolder, fruitier amari alternatives like Cappelletti.
2 oz Tequila
0.75 oz Campari
0.75 oz lime juice
0.25 oz Agave Syrup
Grapefruit peel, for garnish
- Add tequila, Campari, lime juice and agave syrup to a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with grapefruit soda and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a fat swath of grapefruit peel.
1 Cup water
1 Cup agave nectar
- Combine the water and agave nectar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until nectar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.