Made with fresh muddled peaches, cinnamon and brown sugar, this Whiskey Smash variation tastes like liquid peach pie. Big and juicy with a bourbon-fueled kick, it’s sweeter than a Georgia peach at the end of July. The only thing that could make this drink any better is a hefty scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Drink a Peach
2 oz Bourbon
0.75 oz Lemon Juice
0.5 oz Cinnamon syrup
2 dashes bitters
Grated nutmeg, for garnish
- In a shaker tin, muddle the peach slices with the cinnamon syrup and Angostura bitters.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice and cubed ice to the shaker tin, and shake.
- Using a Hawthorne strainer, strain the cocktail into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a peach slice.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup
4 Cinnamon Sticks
1 tbsp cinnamon
.5 cups Brown Sugar
1.5 cups sugar
2 cups Boiling Water
- Mix sugars and cinnamon in a metal mixing bowl.
- Add boiling water.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves completely. Cinnamon will not fully dissolve.
- Let cool to room temperature and transfer to an airtight container. Cinnamon will settle at the bottom, so give it a shake before each use. Will keep 6-7 weeks in fridge.