2 cups raw peanuts
1.5 cups Cane Sugar
1.5 cups Water
1 tsp Salt
- Blanch peanuts by dropping them into a pot of boiling water. Remove them almost immediately and rinse with cold water to prevent from cooking.
- In a blender, puree blanched peanuts with water and let sit overnight.
- Squeeze the peanut mixture through a cheesecloth or jelly bag. You just made peanut milk!
- Pour 1.5 cups peanut milk and 1.5 cups sugar into a pot.
- Heat mixture to a low simmer and stir to fully dissolve the sugar into the peanut milk.
- Let cool, then whisk in salt and refrigerate.