Pumpkin Spice Syrup
1.5 cups water
.75 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp nutmeg
.5 tsp ground cloves
.5 tsp ginger
1 tbsp vanilla
.25 Cup pumpkin
- In a saucepan, combine water, brown sugar and white sugar and heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat down to low and add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir for one minute.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree and simmer for about seven minutes, continuing to whisk until smooth. Be careful not to let it boil or the pumpkin will curdle.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Strain the syrup into a bowl through a cheesecloth over a colander or mesh strainer.
- When the syrup reaches room temperature, add vanilla and store in a sealed container. It will keep for about a month in the refrigerator.