It’s easy to understand why Rumchata liqueur has amassed so many fans since its release in 2009. It’s not only delicious on its own (especially over a fat cube of ice), but the liqueur also works in just about any cocktail with cream or a cream-based liqueur. Made to taste like horchata, a non-alcoholic drink made from rice (or tiger nuts depending on the country you’re drinking in), Rumchata is creamy, cinnamon spiced and rum heavy. If you’re a devoted Rumchata drinker, this jiggly shot was made just for you. Designed for maximum creaminess and easy shooting, this Jello Shot mixes Rumchata with whipped cream vodka and gelatin. Topped with a whipped cream garnish and a sprinkle of cinnamon to boost up the spice, the Rumchata Jello Shot is as cute as it is delicious. Word of warning though: These adorable, potent little shooters are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party, so be sure to make enough or else guests will be fighting over the last one. The recipe below makes approximately 12 shots and can easily be doubled—or even tripled—to accommodate your needs.
Rumchata Jello Shot
1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
1 Cup Boiling Water
0.25 Cup whipped cream vodka
0.25 Cup Rumchata
0.5 Cup Cold Water
Whipped Cream, for garnish
Cinnamon, for garnish
- In a bowl, stir the gelatin powder and boiling water together until all of the gelatin has dissolved.
- Stir in the two liquors and the cold water to the bloomed gelatin and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mix into two-ounce plastic shot cups until they are half to three-quarters full.
- Chill two hours, or until the mix is set.
- Garnish with a topper of canned whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon powder.