While mixing creamy RumChata with scotch seems like an odd combination, we assure you it’s not. When paired together, the smoky dram becomes fruitier and richer, and the cream liqueur loses some of its syrupy sweetness. Made with a blended scotch, a heavy dash of orange bitters and rum-heavy, spiced RumChata liqueur, this cocktail is as cozy as a cashmere blanket. A finishing spritz of ultra-peaty Laphroaig adds depth, dryness and a hint of campfire smoke. Come the first snow this winter, we know exactly what we’ll be drinking.
2 oz Scotch
0.75 oz Rumchata
0.25 oz Honey Syrup
2 dashes orange bitters
Laphroaig mist, for garnish
- In a shaker tin, add the blended scotch, honey syrup, RumChata and bitters with ice. Shake.
- Using a Hawthorne strainer, strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a misting of Laphroaig.
1 Cup honey
1 Cup water
- Combine the water and honey in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until honey dissolves, about 2 minutes. Immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.