Aperol Spritzes might have ruled summer, but come fall, this sherry-based spritz reigns supreme. Simple and to the point, the easy-to-mix blend of sherry, Cava and ginger from Portland, Maine’s Eventide Oyster Co. is, according to manager Ryan Smith, “warm but sparkly, summer but fall.” It’s the perfect drink for anytime of day; sip it on an autumnal afternoon, make a big batch for brunch or dress it up in a fancy glass for a dinner party. It’s your new, low-ABV fall favorite.
1.5 oz Fino Sherry
1 oz Ginger Syrup
Lemon and lime wedges
- Add sherry and syrup to a glass filled with ice.
- Top off with Cava.
- Garnish with lemon and lime wedges.
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Ginger
1 Bay Leaf
0.5 tbsp Black Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight. Strain with a fine sieve the next day.
- Makes approx. 2 cups of syrup.