This chrome-colored tipple gets its vibrant silvery-hue from a dusting of edible spray paint (available online). As statuesque as a piece of Art Deco architecture, this cocktail is essentially a glittery variation on the Amaretto Sour made with a split base of blended scotch, applejack and amaretto, fresh lemon and orange juice, and egg whites. It tastes like an Italian almond cookie dipped in an Orange Julius and (fair warning) it will leave you with shimmering silver lips.
Edible silver spray paint
1 oz Laird's Applejack
0.5 oz Scotch
0.5 oz Amaretto
0.5 oz Lemon Juice
0.5 oz Orange Juice
1 Egg White
Apple Fan, for garnish
Edible silver spray paint, for garnish
- Add the applejack, scotch, amaretto, lemon juice, orange juice and egg whites to a shaker tin.
- Dry shake without any ice.
- Crack the shaker tin and add cubed ice. Shake again for at least one minute more.
- Using a Hawthorne strainer, strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with three slices of apple fanned out on a pick.
- Spray edible silver paint on top of the egg whites and the apple fan.