This punch is as easy to make as it is delightful to drink. The combination of Calvados (French apple brandy) with sparkling apple cider and flamed cinnamon sticks makes each sip taste like a bite of apple streusel—only better, because booze.
Sparkling Cider Punch
Sparkling Apple Cider
1 750-mL bottle Calvados
0.5 Cup Honey Syrup
2 750-ml bottles Sparkling Apple Cider
5 Cinnamon Sticks
- In a large bowl, mix the honey syrup and Calvados. Stir to incorporate. If you are making the punch ahead of time, don’t worry about refrigerating the mix. Simply cover and set aside.
- Just before serving, pour the two bottles of sparkling apple cider into the bowl and stir.
- To prepare the cinnamon stick garnish, fully submerge five cinnamon sticks in 151 rum and soak for at least 30 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks from the rum with tongs and ignite with a long lighter. When you start to smell the cinnamon, drop the sticks into the punch. Serve with a ladle.
1 Cup honey
1 Cup water
- Combine the water and honey in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until honey dissolves, about 2 minutes. Immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.